Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the regulatory body of Aadhaar Project has a launched an mobile Application for Android users. mAadhaar is the official App of developed by UIDAI which allow user to carry Aadhar Card information in their smart phones.
Aadhar card holder can create their profiles in this app, which would have their demographic information like Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address and photographs as linked with their Aadhar number. Once you complete the setup process all the information linked to your Aadhaar number will be saved in the App. With the help of this app you can share these information with third party, wherever Aadhaar is required with the help of QR code or eKYC. If you are having mAadhaar app you don’t need to carry Aadhaar card with you.
How to Download and Setup mAadhaar App
For now mAadhaar app is available for android devices only. This app can be downloaded from Google Play Store. While downloading the App make sure to download the app by Unique Identification Authority of India only. There are many fake apps available on Play store. The is of 10.80Mb size.
After installing the App, Open the App. You will be asked to enter a password, which will be used to open the App later.
In second step there will be the option to either enter Aadhaar Number or scan QR code. This App requires verified Mobile number linked with Aadhaar. If your Mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar. Visit the nearest Enrolment Centre/Mobile Update End Point to register your number.
Once you complete the setup process, You demographic informations will appear on the App, which you can share with others. You can also choose if you want to enter password every time you open the app or not. You can also set Biometric Locking/Unlocking feature with the help of this App.
Key Features of mAadhaar App:
- Aadhaar Information– A convenient and easy way to carry Aadhaar number demographic details information anywhere.
- Biometric locking/unlocking – To secure biometric authentication you can lock biometrics data. Once you enables Biometric Locking system the biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it or Disable the Locking system.
- TOTP generation – Time based One Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
- Update of profile – An updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
- Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder – You can Share your Aadhaar details with anyone with the help of QR code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve demographic information wherever it is required instead of manual entry.
Security of your mAadhar Data
As all your Aadhaar details will be in your smartphone, there is the potential risk of data theft in cases of phone theft or unauthorised use of your phone by someone. For safety there is the option of Password protection. Set a strong password and opt to enter password every time.